So you want to sell your home, but where do you begin?
Apart from choosing the right agent, it’s important to get your property up to the best standard possible so you can kick off your selling campaign on the right foot.
1. Clean up your gardens: First impressions count when selling. Overgrown gardens and un-mowed lawns say a lot about a property and make it look like it hasn’t been well maintained (which sends alarm bells to buyers). Consider hiring a professional gardener if you need to, but make sure your property looks neat and tidy from the street and reels buyers in, as opposed to turning them away.
2. Do general maintenance: If your property is showing signs of wear and tear, such as a creaking floorboards or leaking taps, then look at getting these fixed before putting the house on the market. These types of things may not bother you, but they can be extremely off-putting to a potential buyer.
3. Consider professional cleaning: Nobody likes to walk into an unclean home. While most people can do a fairly good job of cleaning, a professional cleaner might see things that you wouldn’t notice. Using professional cleaning services can help make your kitchen and bathroom areas feel like brand new, and get rid of any stains on carpets or couches too.
4. De-clutter and re-arrange furniture – People tend to judge everything about a property, and that includes what they find inside. A lot of clutter in a house can make it appear smaller than it is or make buyers question whether there’s enough storage. Empty rooms might also be a problem though, because buyers don’t know how to use the space. If you’re not sure where you should place your furniture, or if it’s letting the house down, then it might be worth considering a styling service.
5. Don’t forget the little details – If you want to sell your property for the best price possible then pay attention to even the smallest details. Sometimes it’s something small that ends up having a big impact on the final sales result, Get things right from the start of your property’s sale and take the advice of your agents so you end up with the best results possible.
If you would like to discuss selling your property and how to achieve the best sale price then don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Professionals Mudgee team.