When you’re selling your home, one of the first things that potential buyers will notice is your home’s exterior.
Sure the inside of the property is important too, but the outside of the home is where you can make a real impact and create that all important first impression on buyers.
So what can you do to improve your home’s kerb appeal and reel in those buyers?
- Landscaping – Don’t overlook the importance of planting trees and plants around your property to make it feel homely and inviting. A bare front yard tends to make a property feel stark and exposed, so add some new garden beds and trees to help bring a bit of life to your front and backyard.
- Front door – Painting the entire house can be an expensive endeavour, but if you just want your home to look a little more modern then it might be worth just painting the front door. A fresh coat of paint on the front door can lift the appearance of the entire home and help add property value too. Check out Pinterest for some front door colour inspiration, with bright yellows, reds and blues being extremely popular at the moment.
- House numbers and letterbox – Sometimes small things can have a big impact. If your mailbox and house numbers are looking a little worse for wear then consider changing them to add a little bit of style or colour to the front of your home, and give it a more modern look.
- Windows and trim – If your windows are scratched, broken or old then your property is bound to look 100% better with new ones. If you can’t afford to replace windows then at least make sure they’re clean and that the trim looks neat and tidy. Adding window boxes can also help add a bit some colour and life to your home’s appearance.
- Pressure clean – If your home’s exterior has a build-up of mould, mildew or dirt on it, then a good pressure cleaning is probably the best thing you can do for it. Pressure cleaners can be bought or hired if you want to DIY, or you might prefer to hire a professional exterior cleaner to do the work for you.
Keep in mind that every property is different, so you need to decide what you can change at your property to make the biggest impact. If you would like any advice on improving your home’s kerb appeal then don’t hesitate to get in contact with the Professionals Mudgee Real Estate team.