We quite often hear buyers refer to their dream home as being family friendly, so we thought today we’d clarify just what that means in terms of property searching, because for the most part, property searches are filtered by number of bedrooms, car accommodation, land size and other specific items.
A family friendly home is one that is suitable for one or many children to grow up in, from infancy to teenage-hood. Here are the things that we believe make a home family friendly:
- Proximity to desirable schools, amenities, shops and parks. If you’re searching on our Professionals Mudgee website, you can use the ‘Walkscore’ feature on each property to see how it rates for walking distance to different types of facilities including eateries, schools, entertainment, parks, banking, shopping and more.
- A family orientated neighbourhood. Talk to your preferred agent about the demographics of the area you’re buying in, having plenty of other families around you can help you build a network of friends and also help keep the neighbourhood safe.
- Transport accessibility and car accommodation. They’re not just something that city-dwellers definitely have to consider, here in Mudgee, you may want to consider how your children will get to school and how you and/or your partner will be getting to and from work, as well as how many cars/bikes/caravans/trailers etc you’re going to need to park on your property.
- Adequate area for your child or children to play indoors and outdoors. A home with a larger backyard, room for a play set and undercover areas outside, plus a separate rumpus or living area inside may be desirable for families who don’t want to feel like they’re living on top of one another.
- Necessary bedrooms and bathrooms. You can’t underestimate the necessity for an additional or separate bathroom and toilet. The more people in your home, the more likely there are to be issues when the bathroom is occupied, so having enough amenities in the home to accommodate everyone is recommended.
One of the greatest things about Mudgee is the fact that it’s hard to find areas that don’t offer family friendly homes like the ones described above. Whilst not all properties will tick 100% of the boxes, you can generally find something to suit your needs by weighing up what you absolutely need in a property and then looking for the added bonuses or budgeting to renovate or add onto the existing property at a later date when the kids get bigger.
If you’d like to chat property or anything “Mudgee”, please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us – Adam and Chandelle Woods, Professionals Mudgee – 6372 2584.