Your search is over! Live Smart 2013 is well and truly underway, and they’ve released a bunch of great new FREE activities that will be taking place in Mudgee over the next month… so there are officially no more excuses to be lazy! Our Professionals Mudgee Real Estate team are exited to share the following new programs with you:
- Thai-chi for Tafe (students and teachers only) at the Church Street campus. Every Monday from the 6th of May until the 17th of June from 11.15am–12noon.
- Outdoor Exercise Classes in Lawson Park, Mudgee. Every Wednesday from the 8th of May until the 26th of June from 9.30-10.30am.
- Heart Week Lawson Park Walk and Community Breakfast in Lawson Park, Mudgee. On Friday the 10th of May from 7-8.30am.
- Heartmoves at The Stables (Back Room). There’ll be an information and registration session on Monday the 13th of May from 1.30-2.30pm for new entrants. Sessions will be Mondays from 1.30-2.30pm and Fridays from 9.15-10.15am.
- Bike Maintenance Training at Victoria Park. Thursday the 16th of May – 10am-12noon (novices) or 1-3pm (advanced). *Please advise if you need access to a bike when registering.
- Social Bike Rides. Please register your interest now – rides will start in June.
Bookings for all of the Live Smart activities are essential, and there are limited places available so please get in now so you don’t miss out. To book your spot, register your interest or just find out more info all you have to do is call 6378 2719. You can also check out their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/midwesternlivesmart. All programs are FREE, so don’t delay!
Which Live Smart activity in Mudgee will you be booking into?
Most of us lead very busy lives these days, and so it can be very hard trying to fit in time for fitness and health activities along with all of our other commitments. Our Professionals Mudgee Real Estate team have spoken with several Mudgee residents this week, and it seems that a popular New Year’s Resolution for 2013 is to find the time for more exercise and beat the buldge.
In Mudgee though we have little excuse not to stay in shape as we have a number of gyms and parks nearby that provide us with the perfect opportunity to pound the pavement, walking trail or treadmill.
A few of the popular gyms that are used by a lot of Mudgee residents are Countryfit Health and Fitness, Curves (women only), and Anytime Fitness. These gyms typically offer their members workout classes and all of the facilities you would expect to find in any top of the range fitness centre.
If you don’t want to spend money on a gym, or you simply prefer getting out in the fresh air and sunshine, then how about taking advantage of our region’s beautiful parks and scenic areas? There are plenty of places to go for walks, runs and bike rides, and not only do you have the chance to get outdoors in the fresh air but you get to make the most of Mudgee’s most beautiful streets and areas.
If you want to track your walks in the area there are a number of websites you can use to track your distance such as mapmywalk.com or www.gmap-pedometer.com. These websites can help you track your walking distance or you can discover existing routes made by other locals.
If you know of any Mudgee walking groups or outdoor fitness classes, please share them here. We’d love to build a list of worthwhile workouts for Mudgee residents.