Sellers often spend a lot of time preparing the inside of their properties for sale, but don’t forget the importance of preparing the outside too!
A home’s view from the street is the first thing that potential buyers will see. Many buyers will do a drive around and take a look at a home and if they don’t like what they see in those first few seconds they may not pursue the property further.
So what can you do to ensure you make the best first impression possible?
- Paintwork – Make your home look fresh and new by adding a new coat of paint. New paintwork can make a dramatic difference to a home’s street appeal and help add significant value if done right. Choose colours that complement your neighbours and style of your home.
- Numbers and letterbox – Don’t underestimate the importance of your house numbers and letterbox because they actually say a lot about your home. Make sure the letterbox looks neat and is in good, working order and consider replacing house numbers to provide your home with a fresh and modern update.
- Front Porch – This is where you welcome buyers into your home so it’s worth paying attention to. Ensure it’s neat and tidy and free of any damage or rubbish. Add a welcome mat out the front to provide guests with a warm welcome to your home.
- Windows and trim – Ensure windows and trim look neat and tidy from the outside and replace any that are bringing down the exterior appearance of the house. To add a bit of colour to your home it may also be worth adding a couple of planter boxes under windows.
- Gardens – Pull out weeds, clear away overgrowth and add mulch to garden beds to get your garden up to scratch. Bare gardens can look just as bad as ones that are overgrown. Consider adding some extra plants to help provide a bit of life to the home and to help give it a bit of privacy from neighbours too.
Want more tips to help you get your home ready for sale? Contact the Professionals Mudgee team today.