School will be out for the next couple of weeks, meaning there will be plenty of local activities planned for Mudgee’s kids.
Whether your child is a bookworm, enjoys art and craft or the great outdoors, there’s bound to be something that suits their interests.
Here are a few ideas:
- Face painting workshops – Professional makeup artist Lisa McManus will be hosting face painting workshops at the Mudgee Library on Tuesday 26 September. There will be a zombie face painting workshop (8-12 years, $10) from 10am to 12pm and a sugar skulls face painting workshop (13-17 years, $15) from 2pm to 5pm. Spots are limited. Call 6378 2740 to book.
- Arts and crafts – Visit the Mud Factory for the spring holidays to take part in a number of fun and creative workshops that vary from painting and drawing to making clay teapots. Workshops are held on various dates throughout the holidays and all run from 9am – 12pm. All materials and morning tea is supplied. Cost is $55. Book online at www.themudfactory.com.au/themudfactory/booking/eventList.php
- Colonial Fair – Head to the Mudgee Colonial Inn Museum on Saturday 23 September from 10am to 2pm to see history come alive. There will be special displays and activities on the museum grounds including vintage fire trucks, painting and spinning demonstrations, live music, children’s games, and much more! Special low admission rates will apply for the day of just $5 for adults and $2 for concession holders and children. Visit mudgeemuseum.com to find out more.
- Guided kayak tours – Join Southern Cross Kayaking for a guided kayak tour of Ganguddy (Dunns Swamp) and learn about the historical and natural significance of the area. Guided Tours will run from 9am with kayak hire available throughout the school holidays. Tours take 2-2.5 hours and cost $50 per person or $40 for those 12-16 years of age (+ $3 booking fee). Tours are suitable for children 12 years and older and paddlers of all skill levels. Contact Southern Cross Kayaking on 0439 936 480 to find out more.
- Pool fun – Mid-Western Regional Council swimming pools will be open from 30th September for those days you need to escape the heat. The Mudgee pool will be open from 6.00am to 6.00pm and Gulgong and Kandos pools from 6.00am to 8.00am and 9.30am to 6.00pm. All swimming pools are fully supervised by qualified staff with additional lifeguards on duty for the school holidays. Visit www.midwestern.nsw.gov.au/community–recreation/Swimming-pools/ to find out more.