The first Sunday in September is not simply a day to relax, it’s a day to show your appreciation for the important men in our lives. Father’s Day is often marked by cards, presents and a day out with dad, so this year we thought we’d offer a few ideas that might help you to show your dad just how much he means to you and your family.
Our Professionals Mudgee Real Estate team’s top Father’s Day tips are:
- Mudgee Brewery for a meal and a local ale by the wood fire;
- Wild Oats Café for lunch in one of Mudgee’s best winery settings;
- The Oriental Hotel for lunch on the deck enjoying the sun;
- Blue Wren winery for the a la carte dining experience;
- Di Lusso winery for lunch, croquette and a glass of wine;
- If the sun is out maybe Lawson Park for a BBQ or picnic; or
- A day trip to one of the fine surrounding villages or towns – Yum Cha in Rylstone, lunch at the old goal in Sofala or a counter meal at Windyer.
We’d love for Mudgee residents to add to this list by sharing your own ideas of great places to take dad on September 1. If you know of any Father’s Day specials around town, or just have a favourite Father’s Day tradition, please feel free to share those too. The more ideas the better for making our Mudgee fathers feel special this Father’s Day.