Parks Week is an annual celebration of the important role that our beautiful Mudgee parks play in contributing to the health of our community. A range of formal and informal events take place across Australia and New Zealand during Parks Week – there really is something for everyone.
The goals of Parks Week are to:
- Highlight and celebrate the important role parks play – across people, communities, and the natural environment;
- Encourage greater use of parks;
- Celebrate the contribution that volunteers make to parks;
- Promote the healthy parks, healthy people message;
- Promote park management agencies and the work they do.
Some popular parks in the area are Lawson Park, Robertson Park, Dewhurst Reserve, Flirtation Hill Lookout and Pine Reserve, The “Rocket” Park and Victoria Park/Skate Park, and our Professionals Mudgee Real Estate team would love to encourage everyone to get out and about (when the weather permits) to enjoy our fantastic parks. If the weather won’t allow you to get out and about during Parks Week (2 – 8 March), you can still use Parks Week as inspiration to get outdoors with your picnic basket, bikes, scooters, Frisbees or footballs when the sun does appear.
For more information about Parks Week events, please visit the ‘Parks Week’ facebook page.
What is your favourite Mudgee park?