If you’re selling your house in Mudgee, you may already have been keenly following our various tips for selling your home. Presuming you’ve been adding value to your home, sprucing up your front yard, styling your bathroom, styling your kitchen, presenting your bedrooms beautifully, impressing with a sparkling clean home, and doing all you can to attract buyers to your door you may be wondering what more you can possibly do to ensure the sale of your Mudgee home.
No doubt by now, after all your hard work, buyers have started enquiring about your home and your first inspection has been booked in. Our Professionals Mudgee Real Estate team would like to give you our handy inspection tips. Read on to find out how to set the perfect mood for your inspections.
1. Your hours of cleaning will no doubt have removed most unwanted odours, but it’s important to keep things fresh. Carpet deodorisers and air fresheners may help, but it’s always best to remove the source rather than mask it. Quickly removing cooking smells, keeping pets outdoors, and asking any smokers to keep their habit on the porch will help to ensure your home maintains a clean crisp smell for your incoming potential buyers.
2. Another big turn-off for buyers is the smell of mildew. Keep your towels off the bathroom floor and make sure your linen is well aired.
3. When the sources of unwanted smells have been removed, replace them with scents that will entice buyers to stick around. Fresh flowers, reed diffusers, cinnamon and scented oil burners will all enhance your home’s ambience. Don’t let the smell overpower buyers’ senses; there’s nothing like walking into a fog of incense to bring on a migraine, but a subtle hint of a calming oil may be just what’s needed to set the right mood.
4. If you’re hosting a summer inspection, open the windows and let the fresh air blow through your home. A sparkling home with clean linen and fresh air will always be enticing.
5. Show off your home’s features by keeping it at a comfortable temperature. In the coming months you can impress buyers with your house’s cooling features, and in the cooler months your home’s heating system will leave buyers feeling snug and wanting more.
6. Soft background music gently humming along in the background can help set a calming mood and help to sell the lifestyle your home affords. A little music coupled with some home staging will give your home personality and set the tone for your buyers.
7. Remove your pets during inspections. Some buyers are wary of animals, particularly if they have children with them. Take your dog for a walk, or call on a relative or friend to babysit them for you during inspection day.It may sound obvious, but a good rule on inspection day is to stay away.
8. Buyers will feel more comfortable without the property owner watching their every move, and they’ll be free to concentrate more on the home. It’ll be much more difficult for buyers to visualise themselves living in the home if you’re standing there looking over their shoulders.
Make the most of your ‘new listing’ status, and ensure your first inspections are memorable. Remember, your best offer will likely come in the first 4 to 6 weeks of your house going on the market.
If you would like more tips for selling your Mudgee home faster, you are welcome to pick up our free Showtime Guide at the Professionals Mudgee Real Estate office, which features 101 ways to showcase your property.