Last week we provided some Mudgee real estate tips on how to best style your bathroom for sale, and this week we will be concentrating on the kitchen, which is one of the most important rooms in the house.
Many regard the kitchen as the heart and soul of the house, as this is where many of us spend a lot of our time, and so buyers will look for a kitchen that is clean and functional and that can be used to whip up family feasts.
1. As with other rooms in the house, it’s important that the kitchen is free of clutter. Remove magnets and notices from your fridge and try to clear away as many items from the benchtops as possible to help make you kitchen feel more spacious.
2. Make sure that everything in the kitchen is kept sparkling clean and organised; this goes for appliances, cupboards, draws and pantries.
3. You can set a scene in your kitchen by opening a cook book or by having a basket of fruit or a mixing bowl and whisk left out.
4. When selling your home it always helps if it smells good and this can start from the kitchen, so why not create some pleasant aromas by baking cookies or a fresh loaf of bread?
5. If you have a window in you kitchen, you can help make the room feel larger and more modern by updating window furnishings, or possibly removing them altogether. Remember to keep windows clean and if the window overlooks the garden or other pleasant views then keep them open during open homes so that people can enjoy the outside scenery.
For more kitchen and home styling tips you can pick up our free Showtime Guide at the Professionals Mudgee Real Estate office or feel free to give us a call on 6372 2584.