For some of us, spring cleaning isn’t exactly an appealing activity to take part in and a lot of us procrastinate when it comes to cleaning, de-cluttering and doing all of those things that need doing around the house.
But you don’t need to do all of your spring cleaning at once – if you do a little bit at a time it can make your household chores much more manageable.
Here are some ideas that might help:
- To help reduce clutter, throw something away every time you buy something new.
- Regularly throw out expired products in the house. Get rid of all those half opened bottles at the back of the fridge that you’ll never use, and for the ladies make sure you throw out any old cosmetics too.
- Assign different chores to different members of the household (this helps prevent arguments). If you make one person responsible for a task, you won’t have everyone in the house waiting for “somebody else to do it”.
- Don’t procrastinate! It’s a lot easier to just get a task done straight away so you don’t have to worry about it later. Also remember that some chores around the home (for example taking out the garbage) will just get worse if you leave it too long.
- Reward yourself – after you’ve completed a cleaning chore, reward yourself with a treat or a bit of rest. You might find that you clean more regularly if you have an incentive or something to look forward to. Incentives are great if you’re trying to get kids to do chores too!
It may all seem like too much but you’ll feel better in the long term for it… or if you simply can’t bear to do all the spring cleaning yourself then there are always professional cleaning and organisation services.
What do you do to help keep on top of the household chores?