Our team at Professionals Real Estate in Mudgee are on the hunt for a photo of the BEST Mudgee Christmas lights display. The winner will receive a $100 Bunnings voucher – So start snapping!
These days, a flashing Christmas tree in the front window is just one of the many alluring sights that define Mudgee neighbourhoods around Christmas time. When walking the streets of Mudgee and surrounding areas, it’s not unusual to be met with inflatable Santas, novelty candy canes, fake snow falling from roofs, and spectacular light shows. Whether you find excessive Christmas lights tasteful or tacky, I’m sure most parents can testify to the joy and wonderment twinkling Christmas lights typically bring to the faces of their children.
As December approaches, many Mudgee families will no doubt be on the lookout for the best Christmas lights and front garden displays to stroll past on their evening walks with the kids. We suggest you grab a camera before pounding the pavement this December, as our Professionals Mudgee Real Estate team will be awarding the best Christmas light photo posted to our facebook page a $100 Bunnings voucher!
Of course Christmas lights can go horribly wrong. We all remember Clark Griswold’s hilarious attempt to put on a show for his neighbours with 25,000 twinkle lights, only to cause a black-out. If you’re planning to adorn your Mudgee home with a bevy of twinkle lights and novelty decorations, there are a few tips to remember:
- Make sure you specifically buy outdoor lights. Indoor lights will not be waterproof and are not sufficiently insulated.
- Use outdoor powerpoints whenever possible, rather than trailing cords through windows.
- Avoid hanging lights against metal structures.
- Always use hooks rather than piercing the cable with nails, tacks or screws.
- Don’t leave your Christmas lights running while you’re in bed or out for the evening.
- Finally, make sure you fill in your neighbours. Nothing is guaranteed to revoke your invitation to the street Christmas party more quickly that forgetting to let your neighbours know about the dazzling display you plan to leave glowing through their windows at all hours of the night. Letting them know what you’re planning to do, and what days/times you plan to switch the display on and off will no doubt ease tensions… and who knows, if they’re really appreciative of the early ‘heads-up’ they may even offer to help you with the installation!
Don’t forget to grab your camera before heading out this December, as a photo of a great light display could earn you an early Christmas present from Bunnings.
Simply post your Christmas light display photograph to our I Love Mudgee facebook page. The best photo, as judged by the most ‘likes’ at 9am on the 20th of December, will receive the $100 Bunnings voucher. It doesn’t get much easier than that! So start pounding the pavement, get snapping and involve your friends – remember the most ‘likes’ wins! We can’t wait to see the sensational Mudgee displays you all find.